Candy Cane Cheesecake
- 5 graham crackers
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. peppermint extract
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 6 drips of red or pink food coloring (really this is to desired color)
White Chocolate Topping Ingredients
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Crushed candy canes
- Crush your graham crackers. Make sure they are crushed to a very fine consistency and then add your melted butter.
- Press the mixture into the spring form pan and then put the crust in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Combine your sour cream, heavy cream and cream cheese. Mix well.
- Add your sugar, flour and eggs and mix well. Make sure not to over mix though or you will get air bubbles in the cake, which doesn’t make much of a different in taste.
- It’s just a visual thing.
- Add vanilla and fold it into the mixture.
- Add your peppermint extract and food coloring and fold it into the mixture.
- Remove the pan from the freezer and use butter or olive oil to coat the edges.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the pan and even it out with a spatula.
- Add one cup of water to your pressure cooker.
- Tent your cheesecake with tin foil.
- Use the stainless steel rack that comes with the pressure cooker and lower the cheesecake into the pot.
- Secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 33 minutes. Remember, you will need to allow time for the pot to come to pressure.
- When the timer is done, let the pot vent naturally for about 10-15 minutes. Then, release any final pressure.
- Take the tin foil off and let the cheesecake cool on the counter for about an hour. The, put the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least three hours.
- Once it has had time in the fridge, pull it out and slice it before topping.
- Melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave. About 30 seconds should work. Crush your candy canes while it melts.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate on top of the cake and sprinkle the candy cane on top. Let harden and serve!
Recipe Credit https://www.theeverydaymomlife.com/