- 2 c heavy whipping cream
- ¼ c heaping cocoa powder
- ⅓ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional add in: 1 tsp espresso powder
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Using a hand mixer or a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, whip on medium until stiff peaks start to form. This will take 4-5 minutes.
- Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy this straight off the spoon or as a light and fluffy frosting for cakes or cupcakes, a filling for desserts and so much more!
- You do NOT want to over whip the cream. Once the stiff peaks start to form, the whipped cream should be ready. It will become lumpy and grainy and look almost like freshly churned butter. However, I have read that whisking in a few extra tablespoons of cream can help fix the problem.
- Temperature matters. Make sure your cream is very cold when making this chocolate whipped cream. You can also chill your bowl and mixer tools if desired. You will be much more successful with cold cream!
- For a fun family activity, you can add the ingredients into a jar that will hold about 4 cups or half the recipe for easier handling, and SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE until ready!