- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil
- Add linguine pasta and cook until al dente- 8-10 minutes
- In a large skillet, melt butter over the medium heat.
- Stir in cream, season with pepper and cook 6-8 minutes, stirring constantly
- Stir in Parmesan cheese into cream sauce stirring until thoroughly mixed.
- Blend in pesto and cook for 3-5 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in the shrimp and cook until they are pink, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot linguine