Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8oz/250g) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 square baking pan.
- Mix gingersnap crumbs, 3 tablespoon of sugar and melted butter in a bowl.
- Press the mixture in a 9×9 baking pan forming a crust. Bake for 12 minutes.
- With a mixer, beat cream cheese on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add ¾ cup sugar, eggs, egg yolk, eggnog, flour, rum extract, vanilla extract, nutmeg and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Pour cheesecake filling over crust.
- Put the baking pan in a larger pan and add enough hot water to come halfway up the baking pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Remove cheesecake pan from water bath and cool on wire rack for approximately 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Dust with ground nutmeg.