- 4 pounds of potatoes, pealed and quartered
- 3 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt, plus more for seasoning
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup horseradish, drained
- black pepper
- Add the potatoes, water, and salt to insta-cooker. Secure the lid
- Select manual and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat on the stove, heat the butter and milk until very warm (not boiling)
- Once pressure cooking is complete, use a quick release. Test the potatoes to make sure the are tender. Carefully drain off cooking liquid, saving 1/2 cup
- Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes until fluffy and all the lumps are gone. Add the warm milk and butter, sour cream, and horseradish. Season with salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- If the potatoes are too thick, add some of the cooking liquid, 1 Tablespoon at a time.