Slow Cooker Creamy Garlic Pork Chops
- 4 – 5 pork loin chops, boneless
- 1 1/2 lb (600g) yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz (120g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (120ml) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- To prepare your crockpot pork chops recipe: Arrange diced potatoes in the bottom of your slow cooker and sprinkle with cracked pepper.
- Heat oil or butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and saute for about a minute, until fragrant. Add the heavy cream, cream cheese and chicken broth. Bring to a gentle simmer, then set heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes. The sauce should thicken enough to coat the back of a spoon. Lower the heat and whisk in the Parmesan cheese, little by little until smooth. Add Italian seasoning and adjust seasoning for the cream sauce if needed. You might want to add more liquid if you feel the cream sauce is too thick.
- Meanwhile, season the pork chops with salt, then quickly sear the pork chops in a hot skillet with a tablespoon oil on both sides, until brown on the edges. Arrange the pork chops on top of the potatoes in the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, sauté the sliced mushrooms with onion, scraping the brown bits from the pork chops. Add a little oil if needed. Add the mushrooms and onion on top of the pork chops and potatoes in the slow cooker.
- When the cream sauce is ready, pour evenly over the pork chops, mushrooms, and potatoes in the CrockPot. Try to get as much sauce as possible on top of the pork chops and less on the bottom.
- Cook your crockpot pork chops for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW. Serve your CrockPot pork chops and potatoes immediately, garnished with red chili pepper flakes, chopped parsley, and grated parmesan if you like. Enjoy!
Recipe Source: Eatwell 101