- 1 pound chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1 pound of broccoli, rinsed and trimmed into florets
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- To make the slow cooker garlic chicken Alfredo with broccoli: In a large bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, garlic powder, parmesan, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning.
- Add chicken breasts, diced butter, minced garlic and broccoli florets to the slow cooker. Pour the mixture of cream and chicken broth on top and give a quick stir to combine.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours until chicken has reached 165 degrees. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed. Garnish the slow cooker garlic chicken Alfredo with broccoli with red chili pepper flakes and fresh chopped and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Some brands of heavy cream tend to separate during cooking, so you can skip the addition of the cream at the beginning of the recipe. Instead, add the broth and all the seasonings to the slow cooker. Let cook for the desired time (low or high). Then stir in the cream and parmesan 15 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- If you don’t like the texture of soft broccoli, add them to the slow cooker one hour or half an hour before the end of cooking time.
Recipe Credit: Eatwell101