- 1 pack flour tortillas (corn tortillas are a great gluten-free alternative)
- 1 bag shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, finely chopped
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes, diced (set aside 2 for garnish)
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) ground turkey
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
SZN taco blend
- 5 tsp. paprika
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. of kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Place a medium pan over medium heat and add olive oil. In small bowl, combine dried herbs to create SZN’s taco blend. Set aside.
- When the oil is hot, add yellow onions and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add ground turkey to the pan and mix well. Add half of the taco blend to meat, then cook until no longer pink.
- Add three diced tomatoes and cilantro to the meat and mix well, then add the rest of the taco blend. Reduce heat and let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes, then turn off the heat and cover.
- Combine sour cream, lime juice, salt and pepper to create SZN’s crema. Set aside.
- Place tortillas in the oven or the flattop at 350 degrees for 30 seconds on each side. After the flip, add the shredded cheese and the meat mixture.
- Remove the tortillas from heat and then add the toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, and crema. Enjoy!