Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Rum Whipped Cream
Pumpkin Mousse Ingredients:
- 1/2 oz unflavored gelatin (2 packets or 14 grams total)
- 1 cup milk, any kind
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 16 oz sour cream
- 16 oz whipped topping thawed in the refrigerator
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon to garnish
Rum Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp powered sugar
- 1 tsp rum dark or golden, or vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 packets unflavored gelatin with 1 cup milk. Place over medium heat and whisk continually until the mixture just begins to steam and gelatin is dissolved then remove from heat and let cool 15 minutes (Do NOT boil).
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer on medium speed, whisk together 1 cup sugar, 16 oz sour cream, 15 oz pumpkin puree and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, and mix until blended. Add 16 oz of whipped topping and mix on medium low speed just until blended, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- With the mixer on, slowly drizzle in the warm milk mixture and once it is fully incorporated, immediately divide between your ramekin serving cups or pour into an 11×13 glass casserole dish and smooth out the top. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight for the mousse to set.
To Make the Rum Whipped Cream:
- Using an electric mixer, beat together 1 cup heavy cream with 2 Tbsp powdered sugar on high speed about 2 minutes or until thick and whipped. Add 1 tsp rum and beat just to incorporate. Do not over-beat.** Pipe or dollop whipped cream just before serving and dust with cinnamon to garnish.