Crock Pot Lasagna
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt & pepper
- 2 (650mL) jars tomato sauce
- 1 lb lasagna noodles (can use either oven ready or normal)
- 1 (475g) tub ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley, for garnish
- In a large frying pan, brown the ground beef over med-high heat. When beef is almost cooked through, add onions, garlic, salt & pepper and 1 jar of tomato sauce, then stir to combine.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray, then layer in a bit of meat sauce. Add lasagna noodles (you may need to break some into pieces to make them fit), then add some ricotta and mozzarella cheese, and more of the meat sauce. All layers should be about 1 inch thick. Repeat until the slow cooker is full – usually 3 layers total.
- Pour the other jar of tomato sauce overtop of lasagna, then add mozzarella cheese to the top. Pour water in on the sides. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours.
- Garnish lasagna with basil and/or parsley, then serve and enjoy!
Recipe Credit: Easiest Ever Crockpot Lasagna Recipe – The Girl on Bloor