- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 cups chicken stock
- 9 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 pounds processed cheese, shredded
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat, and mix in flour.
- Reduce hear low and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in chicken stock and milk and season with salt and pepper and white pepper
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Place broccoli in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain and set aside
- Gradually mix the cheeses into the mix and stock mixture until melted and blended.
- Mix in broccoli
- Cook for 5 minutes.