- 4 bacon slices
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- black pepper
- 3 cups stake bread cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a sauté or frying pan over medium-high heat, crisp the bacon on both sides and place on a paper towel to drain. When cool enough, cut into pieces.
- Prepare the insta-cooker by adding water to the pot and placing the steam rack inside.
- Butter a 6-7 inch soufflé or baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk then season with salt and pepper. Add the bread and let it sit for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add 1/4 cup of cheese and bacon to the bowl and mix. Pour into the pan and push down bread to submerge. Place dish on the steam rack, uncovered, and secure lid.
- Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, use natural release. Be sure to remove lid carefully so that condensation does not drop on the strata
- Carefully remove dish
- Preheat oven to broil
- Top with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese and place under broiler for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted and browned.