- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 15 oz salsa con queso
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Cut chicken breasts into approximately 1 inch chunks
- Set Instant Pot to Saute Less 7 minutes and add a dab of margarine or butter to the pot.
- Add the chicken breast chunks to the pot and leave them to cook, stirring occasionally, until the Instant Pot turns off.
- The chicken will still be slightly pink when the Instant Pot turns off.
- Add the water to the pot with the chicken and scrape the bottom of the pot well to make sure nothing is sticking.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the pot. Do not stir.
- Add the rice to the pot.
- Gently push the rice around until it is all submerged in the water but do not stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the steam release handle to the sealing position and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 6 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, immediately turn the steam release handle to the venting position and perform a quick release.
- Remove the lid from the Instant Pot and stir the contents.
- Add the milk, broccoli florets and salsa con queso to the pot.
- Stir well and set the Instant Pot to Saute Less for 5 minutes.
- Leave the dish to continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the Instant Pot turns off.
- Add the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend and the shredded Parmesan cheese to the pot.
- Stir well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe Credit: Kiss Gluten Goodbye