- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups stake or lightly toasted cinnamon-raisin bread cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- prepare the insta-cooker by adding water to the pot and placing the steam rack on top
- Butter a 6-7 inch soufflé or baking pan
- in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla. Add the bread and let sit for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and push down the bread to submerge. Place the dish on the steam rack, uncovered, secure the lid.
- Select manual and cook at high pressure for 15 minutes
- once cooking in complete, use quick release to release the pressure. Be sure to remove lid carefully and quickly so that condensation doesn’t drip on the French toast
- Carefully remove the pan. If a crispy top is desired, sprinkle with sugar and broil for 3-5 minutes.