- 8 cannelloni noodles
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, diced
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- means to partially cook the noodles, they will finish cooking when baked)
- Cook 2 cloves of garlic and 2 shallots in 1 tbsp of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Pour in sherry, raise heat to high and reduce liquid by half
- stir in heavy cream and reduce until there is about 1 1/2 cups liquid
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Cook onion, 3 shallots, 3 cloves of garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, and eggplant in oil until all are tender.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in red peppers, basil, oregano, ricotta, and Parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Lightly grease one 9×13 baking dish
- Stuff vegetable & cheese filling into the cannelloni
- Place in prepared baking dish and cover in cream sauce.
- Bake for 25 minutes